St. Peter's University Hospital & Partners
Our caritas team at Holy Family Parish works with a number of organizations, most notably St. Peter's University Hospital, and with various other programs in the city, diocese and beyond to achieve our mission. We are grateful for the collaboration and support.
Culminating approximately six months of meetings between senior leadership and the implementation of collaborations of field staff, the leaders of Holy Family Parish and St. Peter's University Hospital met Dec. 6 in New Brunswick, agreeing to formalizing a still-evolving alliance between New Brunswick's two biggest Catholic institutions.
Over the past six months, Holy Family and St. Peter's have joined forces in a number of health fairs, worship events, educational programming and wellness strategies. At the parish operational level, this overview of the parish's Caritas program shows the level of overlap with the hospital.
"We know that St. Peter's owes its roots 110 years ago to a pre-existing parish presence in New Brunswick, and we are thrilled to be returning to a new form of Catholic parish-hospital collaboration," said Msgr. Joseph Kerrigan, pastor. "And there's the practical side, that in a time of indifference to both urban concerns and the plight of Catholic institutions, it only makes sense to team up as much as possible."
Bridgette Perez leads our parish Caritas program that covers everything from case management to therapeutic empowerment.
- St. Peter's University Hospital, New Brunswick
- Catholic Charities Immigration Services program, Throop Ave Center, New Brunswick, NJ
- Center for Faith Justice, Lawrenceville, NJ
Eastern Rite Partners in Mission
- St. Sharbel Church, Somerset, NJ -- our Maronite brothers and sisters in faith and ministry
- Saint Peter & Paul Byzantine Church, Somerset, NJ -- our Byzantine collaborators in retreat ministry and faith formation